I don’t know how many times I’ve Googled: Massages Near Me. I can tell you that it has been more than my fingers and toes put together. It’s even more when I am visiting a town on vacation. I’m constantly searching for massages near me more than once a day. I guess being on vacation makes me think I deserve to relax by getting a massage.
You’re darn right we do!
So how am I suppose to receive a massage at home?
I am talking about massage paraphernalia. I’m talking about massage chairs or all of the other myriads massage tools that you can benefit from. There are massage devices for your arms, legs, back, shoulders, neck and even fingers. I should know, I have a drawer full of them.
In this article we’re going to discuss how we can create a massage haven in our home using the latest massage apparatus available within budget.
Your Massage Haven
First, let’s talk about which room in our house where we will be using these tools. Now, take into account that some gadgets have to be plugged up to use, like a massage chair. Most of the massage chairs available are usually heavy so choose wisely so it can have a permanent home.
When deciding where to put the massage chair, think about the place where you feel the most relaxed or where you spend most of your time. Perhaps in the living room or in your bedroom. To get the most use out of the chair, the bedroom might be the best place if you have small kids because kids are kids and they tear up stuff faster than adults. I have my massage chair in front of the TV to watch a favorite show or a movie.
Other massage tools, like a neck massager, are small enough that you can literally just use them wherever you choose. You can even take them with you when you go on vacation. My friends and family laugh at me when I do this, but they always end up using them too.
Most of my small massage tools are usually next to me on the recliner while I watch TV. I set my alarm at 9pm most nights to remind me that now is the time to stop working and to sit down and massage my arms, neck and fingers. I usually set a 5-minute alarm for each tool so I know I am giving each body part its fair attention.
Your Massage Budget
Now, let’s talk about the massage budget. We all know massages are expensive or else we would be getting one every day.
The most expensive tool you may be purchasing is the massage chair. The price for a brand new one can range from $300 to $10,000, of course depending on your preference. My massage chair cost about $3,000 but it is at least 13 years old and has been used plenty of times by adults and kids. And let me tell you this, it has been the BEST money invested ever. I would buy another one if we had the space or if my husband would let me.
The cheapest you would ever spend on a massage tool may be the finger massager, which cost about $1.50 each on Amazon. I’ve acquired my massage gadgets over a span of at least 10 years. So determine for yourselves what you are willing to spend. Although, I believe I would buy a massage chair or at least set a budget save the money to buy a good one.
Your Massage Tools
- A massage chair mainly massages your back, and your neck and butt, as well as arms depending on the chair. This is a great investment because you can literally turn on your massage chair WHENEVER you want for HOWEVER long you want. It beats trying to get a massage therapist at 10 o’clock at night and to massage you for two hours. Check out a page, I just posted, where I listed The Best Massage Chairs sold on Amazon, that has reviews over 100 people with at least 4 Stars rating.
- A finger massager is great for those who have arthritic hands. I bought these for me because I constantly use my fingers for work. They work so well. After I use them, my finger feel so loose and flexible. I carry them with me everywhere I go so that I can use them while I’m waiting at the Dr’s office or waiting for the bank teller.
- A neck massager is so wonderful to have at hand. I have one that has to be plugged up at all times to be used, but there are ones that don’t need to be plugged to use it. We bought these for our friends and family for Christmas and they love them. The neck massager is so good at releasing tight muscles on the back of your neck.
- An arm massager is a tool you may not think to get at all. I work for the post office where I am constantly using my fingers, hands, and arms to case mail. But let me tell you, it has saved my career. I use the arm massager almost every night to loosen up my tight forearms. It is great to have if your job requires you to continually use your arms and hands. A Roleo or Rolflex are examples of this awesome tool.
- A tennis ball is a great massage tool to have at home and in the car. I put in between my back and car seat while driving. I usually place it around my scapula and push it against the seat with just enough pressure that I can stand. It is so good at getting the small area in my back. Use it on your lower back as well. A tennis is ball is also good for foot massage
- A Thera Cane Massager is a great addition to your massage tools. I have an S shape one that I take with me wherever I go and it disconnects in the middle for easier storage.
Most of these items are readily available on Amazon.
My Very Own Massage Near Me
So see, it’s not hard at all to have your very own massage parlor near you. I believe that investing your money for your health is always a good move. Having all these tools available at your leisure is so convenient for when unexpected pain arises, like when you first get up in morning and you have that crick on your neck. You can simply grab the neck massager and in 5 minutes or less, the pain could go away. Or if your shoulders feel tight, just sit on your massage chair to release the tension.
For me, I felt like these tools were priceless because I am being pro-active about my health. By having these tools readily available, I feel like my body can heal faster and perhaps, lessening the time to see a Doctor.
Over time, I believe you are saving money by using these tools to do self-massages instead of spending $70 bucks for a professional therapist. Now I’m not saying to never go see one because nothing can replicate human fingers and touch. These tools are simply an accessory to a professional massage.
One thing I would like to mention is be sure to take precaution when you use the devices for self-massage if you have a serious sickness condition.
A good thing to always do after a massage is stretch the area and drink a lot of water to wash out the toxins that has been loosened. It’s also possible that you may need to ice an area if it’s been massaged real good.
I hope this article has been helpful.